Wasabi Salmon Burger
This salmon burger recipe is not for people with a low heat tolerance. If you love the spice of wasabi, enjoy! You can also add a salmon burger to your salads.
This recipe is courtesy of Elana's Pantry.
- 1 lb skinless salmon filet
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup fresh scallions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour (not almond meal)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup wasabi powder
- 1 tbsp water
- coconut oil for frying
Rinse salmon, pat dry, and cut into ¼-inch cubes.
In a large bowl, combine salmon, ginger, scallions, cilantro, eggs, lime juice, almond flour, and salt
In a small bowl, combine wasabi powder and water to form a paste
Mix wasabi paste into salmon mixture
Form batter into 2-inch patties with your hands
Heat oil in a 9 inch skillet over medium high heat
Sauté patties in batches until golden brown, 6-8 minutes per side
Sweet treats after a spicy meal- what's better than that? Try our Healthy Apple Crisp for dessert!