This Vegan Paella from Dr. Bronner's is so easy and delicious you’ll want to serve it to all of your friends to show off your culinary prowess. The flavors come together beautifully and it’s the perfect warm and filling meal on a chilly night. The addition of some hot sauce is perfect if you like to have a little heat to your Paella. Just add crusty bread and a side salad and you’ll be all set.
- 1/4 cup of Dr. Bronner’s Coconut Oil
- 1 chopped organic onion
- 5 minced organic garlic cloves
- 1/2 of a chopped organic red pepper
- 1 tbsp of organic dried oregano
- 1 tbsp of smoked paprika
- 1 pinch of saffron
- 2 cup of Arborio rice
- 1 cup of 2 inch chopped organic green beans
- 2 cup of halved brussel sprouts
- 28 oz organic roasted diced tomatoes
- 32 oz low sodium no-chicken broth
- Organic lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 1 cup of organic chickpeas
- 1 cup of green olives
- water as needed
- salt and pepper for seasoning
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a small saucepan heat about a cup of broth with saffron on medium heat for 10 minutes.
Sauté onions on medium heat in coconut oil in a large paella dish or ovenproof sauté pan with tight fitting lid until translucent.
Add garlic, red pepper, oregano and paprika.
Add rice and sauté for 2 minutes.
Add green beans, brussel sprouts, diced tomatoes, broth, broth with saffron, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
Bring to a boil.
Cover with lid and bake for 40 minutes.
After 40 minutes you may need to add about a cup of water if the liquid has completely absorbed and the rice isn’t completely cooked.
If rice isn’t yet done, bake for another 10 minutes with the cup of water.