Game Day Guacamole
Creamy with a hint of tang, our kefir-ized game day guacamole is perfect with chips, crackers, chopped veggies or as a sandwich spread.
- 1/2 cup Lifeway Plain Low Fat Kefir
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1/2 red onion, minced (about ½ cup)
- 1-2 tbsp fresh lime juice (or more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2-1 tsp chili powder (to taste)
- 1/2 ripe tomato, seeds and pulp removed, chopped
Cut avocados in half and remove the pits. Scoop avocado out from peels and place in a mixing bowl.
Using a fork, mash the avocados. Add the chopped onion, lime juice, salt, pepper and chili powder and mash together.
Keep tomatoes separate until you’re ready to serve.
Store in the refrigerator with plastic wrap directly on the surface to prevent browning.
Just before serving, mix in the chopped tomato.