Creamy Avocado Pesto Pasta
You had us at creamy…but add avocado to the mix and wow this is going to become a weekly meal favorite!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 pkg. truRoots® Ancient Grains Organic Fusill
- 1 ripe avocado, halved and pitted
- 1/2 cup prepared fresh pesto
- 2 tsp Santa Cruz Organic® Pure Lemon Juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- Basil sprigs, for garnish
COOK pasta in large pot of boiling salted water, just until al dente, about 5 to 7 minutes. Drain.
REMOVE avocado from skin. Process avocado flesh, pesto and lemon juice in food processor bowl until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
COMBINE avocado pesto, cheese and pasta together in serving bowl. Top with tomatoes, grated cheese and basil sprigs for garnish.