Chocolate Cake Brownies
Try these delicious brownies chilled and top them with some fresh strawberries and walnuts for even more flavor. They not only taste incredible but are also gluten-free, egg-free and dairy-free. What more could you ask for?
- Cooking oil spray
- 3/4 cup NOW Real Food® Sweet Almond Oil*
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 1/4 cup organic rice milk
- 1/4 cup NOW Real Food® Organic Flax Seed Meal*
- 2 tsp NOW Real Food® Organic Vanilla Extract*
- 1 1/2 cup NOW Real Food® Organic Brown Rice Flour*
- 1/2 cup organic amaranth flour
- 1 cup NOW Real Food® Organic Cocoa Powder*
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup NOW Real Food® Walnuts*
- 1/2 cup chocolate baking chips
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
Spray 9x13 pan with canola oil.
Combine oil, honey, rice milk, flax seed, and vanilla (in that order), then mix one minute on medium-high speed.
Gradually add brown rice flour, amaranth flour and cocoa powder (in that order), then mix one minute on medium-high speed, scraping bowl occasionally.
Add baking soda, sea salt and baking powder (in that order), then mix one minute on high speed.
Stir in walnuts and baking chips; mix well, but careful not to over-mix. Pour into pan.
Bake 17 to 20 minutes.
Set pan on cooling rack for 1 hour.
Serve chilled with ground walnuts and fresh strawberries on top, if you wish.
Store in refrigerator.