California Waldorf Salad
We love this flavorful update of the American classic with a perfect balance of crisp apples, juicy grapes, sweet raisins and crunchy walnuts. The original Waldorf Salad was created more than a century ago at the legendary Waldorf Astoria Hotel in New York City, and its ingredients were just apples, celery and mayonnaise. Earthbound Farm's version has a lively West Coast flair that includes tender baby spinach and a lighter dressing.
Prep Time 30 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp grated lime zest
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp honey or sugar
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced Earthbound Farm Organic celery
- 1/2 cup Earthbound Farm Organic Raisins
- 3/4 cup halved Earthbound Farm Organic seedless grapes (red or green)
- 1 unpeeled Earthbound Farm Organic apple (cut into 1/3-inch dice, about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans or walnuts
- 5 oz Earthbound Farm Organic Baby Spinach or Spring Mix (about 6 cups)
Place the yogurt, mayonnaise, lime juice, zest, curry and honey in a small bowl, and whisk to combine.
Place the celery, raisins, grapes, apple and nuts in a large bowl.
Add about half of the yogurt dressing and stir to combine.
Just before serving, add the spinach and toss to combine.
Add more dressing if needed.