Birchermüesli was 100 years ago that M.D. Bircher-Benner at Zurichberg invented this "apple diet dish". For his recipe he took oatmeal, condensed milk, hazelnuts, and apples, which he grated whole, with their skin and seeds. Very quickly, the Müesli was (and remains) the cult dish of the ecological movement.
- Mix Familia Swiss Müesli with milk
- Grate the apples or cut them into small pieces. Sprinkle them with some lemon juice and add them to the müesli
- Finely chop your other fruit, add it to the müesli and mix well.
- Add the yoghurt
- Stir in some lemon juice and orange juice to make it more refreshin
- Before serving whip some cream and carefully fold it in to the müesli mixture.
Note: To make the müesli easier to digest it should be soaked in liquid in advance (up to 12 hours in advance, stored in a cool place). The consistency should be more “liquid” than solid. To freshen the taste if the consistency is too thick, add additional orange juice and milk.