When you are looking for something new to add to your weekly meal rotation, this Okra Creole meal will satisfy you with both its flavors and its quick prep time. The meal is packed with nutritional value and it takes less than 30 minutes start to finish. It’s one of those meals that is so tasty, if you make it for company, they will leave with the recipe. Enjoy!
- Cook rice & quinoa blend as directed on bag.
- In a sauté pan, combine okra, peppers, sweet corn, and onion.
- Cover for 3-5 minutes, until thawed.
- Once thawed, uncover and stir.
- Add diced tomatoes and Creole seasoning.
- Let the seasoning marry with the vegetables on low for 8-10 minutes.
- When rice is finished, pour the Creole vegetable mix over and serve!
*To make your own Creole seasoning, combine a pinch of salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, dried thyme, cayenne pepper, and dried oregano to taste.