Your best friends, your neighbors, your co-workers, even your grandparents are probably doing it. Everywhere you look, new places are popping up selling it…as my husband likes to say, “Juicing is so hot right now.” Fresh juice is high in both minerals and vitamins and with today’s hectic, fast paced lifestyles our diets are often lacking in both of these vital nutrients. Considering that minerals and vitamins really are essential to long term health and wellness, plus when I’m juicing I generally feel stronger and clearer in my thoughts, not to mention the benefit of zipping my jeans a little easier, it really is a no brainer… So why not take this opportunity to jump on the bandwagon and drink a little. I have done the research and made it easy for you by including a recipe in this post that will work to boost your immunity in this cold wintry month of January. Cheers!
Juicing already? What is your go to juice?
- Add the ginger root to a small pot with 1 c. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and allow to cool.
- Juice all of the citrus and pour in to a large jar.
- Drain the ginger root tea and add 1/2 c. of it to the juice.
- Next add the vitamin C powder.
- Shake to combine and serve at room temperature.
- Juice and remaining tea will last 3 days in glass jars in the fridge.