The item I missed most when I went gluten free was pizza. Maybe it’s the childhood nostalgia of it, or that it’s just plain good! This may not just be my opinion. Pizza seems to be served at every party, get-together, sporting event, or for a quick meal.
So when I had my own party to attend, I decided to make a pizza dip that can be served with gluten free crackers. Back to Nature’s gluten free crackers are the perfect utensils I needed to complete my dip. They provided a crust like taste, while able to scoop the deliciousness right into your mouth.
I went with your basic toppings. As always, you can make things ‘your own’ and add what you like. But for me, I wanted it to taste like an ‘everything’ pizza. Two things I do a little differently than other pizza dips are; I dice things to bite size, because I think that bite size are easier to scoop when in a dip, and I add a ton of toppings because my motto is ‘it’s easier to push them aside then have a plain cheese dip.’ This dip is a universal dip that tastes like pizza that party-goers—gluten free or not—will enjoy.
The main ingredients that every pizza dip needs are (make sure you use gluten free ingredients):
- 8oz cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (I added a little provolone)
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon of oregano
- ¼ teaspoon of basil
- 1 cup of pizza sauce
Toppings of your choice
- 8-10 slices of pepperoni (halved or diced)
- 3 tbsp of Black olives diced
- 3 tbsp of green peppers diced
- 3 tbsp of diced mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 350. In a mixing bowl mix the cream cheese and spices. I even mixed mine right into the glass pie dish so I would dirty less dishes.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture out in a 9in glass pie dish. Sprinkle half of the mozzarella and half of the parmesan cheese over the cream cheese
- Next spread the pizza sauce all over the cheese. Cover it with the rest of the mozzarella and parmesan (I left a little cheese for a final dusting on top)
- Add the toppings of your choice all over the pie.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until warm and melted.
- Serve with Back to Nature gluten free crackers and enjoy!
This Dip is honestly so easy and fast to make. It tasted just like pizza, so it’s an obvious crowd pleaser. You can add and subtract toppings as you’d like. The best part is that this dip doesn’t really need to be ‘cooked,” so you could even microwave it. Which is an added benefit if you are travelling to a party; it will be easy to heat up and won’t alter the taste. I hope you enjoy this dish as much as my family does!