Mambo Sprouts affiliated bloggers receive great incentives that include Sneak Peeks, new product reviews and more! Fill out the short form below for more details.
Once the weather turns warm, there is nothing better than a cooling “yogurt” dip to help me pretend I’m floating on a yacht off the coast of Greece, rather than having a lunchtime snack in the office. This one is crazy simple to make. Plus, most of the ingredients you probably already have.
The best part is this otherwise traditional Tzatziki is made with So Delicious® Cultured Coconut Milk, which is much easier on dairy free, gluten free and vegan tummies. It’s so good that even the dairy-lovers can’t tell the difference.
16 ounce container So Delicious® Plain Cultured Coconut Milk
Half of an English style cucumber
Juice of half a lemon
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 C fresh mint, chopped
Salt, to taste
1. Slice cucumber lengthwise and thinly slice into half-circle pieces. You can also shred the cucumber,
2. Arrange cucumber slices in a single layer on a paper towel and sprinkle with salt. Let stand 5-10 minutes.
3. In a bowl, combine yogurt, lemon, garlic, and mint.
4. Squeeze excess water from the cucumbers and add to the yogurt mixture.
5. Let the dip rest in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving with pita, vegetables or crackers.
Makes Dip for 8-10 people.
Serve with Crunchmaster's non dairy and gluten free cracker.
I love this dip as dressing on cucumber and tomato salads, but try it on any of your favorite Mediterranean dishes.