What’s better than a decadent, fruit-based dessert? One that’s bite sized and allergy friendly! These chocolate dipped banana bites cater to every palate and every diet. Because the toppings are so versatile, you can easily make these gluten-free, dairy-free, or nut-free. Dip, roll and bite your way to a diet-friendly dessert.
4 medium bananas
Enjoy Life Food’s dark chocolate morsels
Toppings: (You can swap out any for your favorites; think sprinkles or crushed candy).
Mary’s Gone Cracker’s Sea Salt Pretzels
Annie’s Cinnamon Bunny Grahams
- Peel and slice your bananas.
- Crush or chop all of your toppings. I used a spoon, but a mini chopper works just as well. Place each topping on a separate plate.
- Pour the chocolate morsels into a bowl and heat until completely melted. *You can add in coconut oil to make the chocolate easier for dipping. I heated the chocolate in the microwave but you can also heat it on the stove using a double boiler. Just be sure to stir often so the chocolate doesn’t burn.
- Dip your banana coins into the melted chocolate and then into your desired topping, adding on as much or as little as you want. You can use your hands to help mold the toppings around the banana.
- Place the finished product on a tray with wax paper.
- Once all bananas are dipped in chocolate and sprinkled with toppings, place the tray in the freezer for up to 2 hours.
Bonus: If you don’t eat these all at once, you can store them in your freezer and enjoy for up to 2 weeks.