Mambo Sprouts affiliated bloggers receive great incentives that include Sneak Peeks, new product reviews and more! Fill out the short form below for more details.
Craving hot wings without the unhealthy side effects? This meat and dairy free salad will do the trick. Crispy buffalo chickpeas that taste so much like chicken paired with a creamy cashew and hemp seed ranch dressing will fool even the pickiest eater. Not a salad crowd? Make double the chickpea recipe and serve in lettuce cups topped with the carrots, celery, and ranch dressing. An extra dash of hot sauce is always a good decision!
- Preheat oven to 425. Drain and rinse canned chickpeas and pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a small bowl mix together 1/2 a tablespoon to 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of Frank's red hot or hot sauce of choice. Add in the chickpeas and gently mix to coat
- Pour mixture onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place in the oven to bake for 20 minutes, until nice and crispy. Let cool while you start on the ranch dressing.
- Blend the cashews, hemp seeds, and spices together until thick and creamy like your typical ranch dressing, adding water as you go. NOTE: be sure not to add too much water, as it will dilute the flavor. Start with a 1/4 cup, adding it in as your blending until desired consistency.
- In a large bowl, add the chopped romaine hearts, grated carrots, and chopped celery. Add enough dressing to coat the leaves and top with your buffalo chickpeas and more hot sauce if desired.